Friday, April 3, 2009

F My Life (dot com)


I'm a little late on this, but the site fmylife.com seems to have really gained popularity over the last few months. Delivering short, pithy tales of woe from around the globe, FMyLife (or FML) is at once hilarious and depressing and reassuring. Some choice snippets:

Today, I was trying to get drama students to attempt to make themselves cry. I was not having any luck, until suddenly a girl burst into tears, sobbing uncontrollably. I jumped up to applaud, saying what a wonderful thing it is to have such expressive kids. Turns out her grandma just died. FML

Today, my boyfriend told me he couldn't hang out with me because he felt really sick. I went to his house anyway to surprise him with homemade soup. I walk in to his room only to find him hooking up with my sister. She can't drive, our mom drove her there. FML

Today, I had drunk sex with a girl that I barely know. I didn't have a condom and was nervous about getting her pregnant, but she assured me that I could pull out. Right when I was about to pull out, she wrapped her legs around me and yelled : "BE MY BABY'S DADDY!" I couldn't get out in time. FML

Today, I decided to eat at this new cafe near my apartment. When I sat down a super flamboyant waiter came up to me and asked for my order. I asked him what he recommended. He said "to be honest honey, you could go for the salad." I just got out of an eating disorders rehab and put on 30 pounds. FML


Heaps more are at the site, with more every day. While many of them probably aren't real, take solace in the fact that some of them are, and those that aren't have could still probably apply to some poor soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment